Thursday, March 11, 2010

The plan manual is finished

The plan manual is FINISHED and is out with reviewers. It consists of an 90 page detailed writeup with color photos and illustrations, diagrams and schematics and two large full-size templates. The graphics are hyper-linked to the actual full size drawings and photos (205 in total) that are included.

I am making arrangements for a print version and a downloadable version and expect to have everything ready by mid-late next week. If you have sent me an email previously, I will be letting you know with a personal email when you will be able to obtain your copy.

Thank you for your interest!

If you haven't already seen them, I have posted a number of time-lapse videos of the system in operation at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/georgeplhak

2 comments:

TDave said...

George,

Great design. I have been researching solar for a while now. Have you given any thought to encasing the pipes (in the trough) with evacuated glass tube? From what I understand it raises atmospheric pressure and acts as an insulator. I see it used a lot on hot water systems that mount on roofs, but not much on these types of parabolic troughs.

George Plhak said...

Yes I have Dave, I'm working on that now.